First Exchange Placement Results for Outgoing Students in 2023-2024
Dear Boğaziçi Students,
Thank you for your interest in the Student Exchange program. We received a total of 206 applications Out of 206 students, 150 were placed.
You may view the results of the first Exchange placement of outgoing exchange students here.
Students who decide to participate in the Exchange program MUST approve the online commitment form and submit it via BUIS / ÖBİKAS between the dates of January 16, 2023 01:00 PM to January 20, 2023, 05:00 PM.
We do NOT request / accept hardcopy commitment forms.
Students who do not submit their online commitment forms will be considered as “not placed”, thereby remaining out of our Exchange outgoing list.
Students who do not submit their online commitment forms until the due date will lose their placements, and the seats allocated to them will be made available for applications in the second Exchange (only for Spring 2024) placement in April.
Once you submit your online commitment form, your nomination process will start. Office of International Relations will guide you through the process. The timing of this process varies depending on your placement.
Due to unforeseeable circumstances, quota and term information may change during the application period and can lead to loss of placement.
Placed students will spend a semester at the Exchange destination during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Due to unforeseeable circumstances, quota and term information may change during the application period and can lead to loss of placement.
- Please check the Host Institutions’ application requirements beforehand as they have the right to update their requirements.
- If you change your department, it may cause the cancellation of your application.
- If you previously participated in an Exchange Programme, you can apply again; however 10 points will be deducted.
- You can participate in Exchange Programme maximum for 2 semesters in total, either in the same academic year or following years in the same academic level.
- If you participate in a 1-year Exchange Programme, then you will not be able to apply for Exchange Programmes.
- After you sign the letter of commitment, if you revoke your application, 10 points will be deducted for your next Exchange Programmes application either in the same academic year or following years.
- Erasmus Applications are planned to be opened in February. This application period and the aforementioned rules are only for Exchange agreements.
- No grant will be given by us to the Exchange applications.
- Students who plan to go to Switzerland should get information about the grant from the institution they are planning to go.
- In April 2023, it is planned that there will be Exchange applications only for the Spring 2024.
- If you sign the letter of commitment for the Spring 2024, then you will not be able to select the Spring term in Erasmus applications. Also, you will not be able to apply for the Exchange applications in April 2023.
- If you sign the letter of commitment for the Fall 2023, then you will not be able to select the Fall term in Erasmus applications.
- If currently you are a last year student or Spring 2024 will be your last semester, your academic advisor must confirm that you will study in Boğaziçi University for at least 1 semester after you return from your Exchange programme.
- For any technical problem, please contact our office.
DEADLINE: January 20, 2023, 05:00 PM
Office of International Relations